Friday, April 8, 2011

Blog Mission Statement

In this blog, I'll be documenting my journey as a newbie into photography. I'll share what I've learned as I learn it, DIY setups, and digital processing (AKA touching up in software).

I'll try to assume no prior knowledge on the part of the audience, so if you're a newb like me, you can understand what I'm talking about.

My goals include:
  • Cheapness: favouring DIY, eBay, available light/lamps... anything to save those precious pennies.
  • Explain how everything was done. No secret knowledge here.
  • Where possible, suggest alternatives for those really on the cheap. All I ask is that you have a camera where you can control the shutter and aperture. (Got a Canon point-and-shoot that doesn't? You may be able to install CHDK, which gives you access to lots of stuff like that.)

As always with tutorials written by newbies, take everything I say with a pinch of salt: look up how other people have done or explained these things, because I might be wrong. Also, please do correct me if you've noticed any mistakes, be it technical, aesthetic, efficiency-related, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment